DA: Hudson Valley Teacher Raped High School Student
A Hudson Valley teacher is accused of raping a 16-year-old girl on a number of occasions.
Christopher L. Vlangas, 41, of Sherman, C.T., is accused of engaging in sexual conduct with a 16-year-old girl in Southeast and Patterson.
On Monday, Vlangas was charged with three-counts of rape and criminal sexual act, all felonies.
The alleged sexual acts happened when Vlangas was a Naval Science Instructor in the Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps program at Brewster High School. According to social media, he is a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
The girl was a Brewster High School student.
On Oct. 12, a high school staff member received information about the alleged sexual relationship between Vlangas and the student. School officials then notified the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office who began investigating.
Investigators executed searches at Vlangas’ school office, his home and car. At this time, authorities are not releasing whether any evidence was found in those searches.
Vlangas hasn’t returned to the high school since the police investigation began, authorities say.
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office setup a telephone hotline, 845-808-4377, for anyone with information about the case. All calls will be kept confidential.
- DA: Hudson Valley Teen Painted Anti-Semitic Images at Cemetery
- You Can Now Order Food From Facebook in Hudson Valley
- Police: Drunk Man Exposed Himself on 84 in Hudson Valley
- Young Mother Missing For Nearly 600 Days May Be in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Driving With 26 Active Suspensions on License
- ATV Driver Seriously Injured in Hudson Valley Crash
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley