Cops: Hudson Valley Man Kills 1 Trying to Parallel Park, 6 Hurt
One person was killed and many others injured after a Hudson Valley man allegedly drove into them while trying to parallel park.
The crash happened Monday night in Manhattan's Chinatown neighborhood. Surveillance video shows a Toyota minivan jump the curb and plow into seven people and a fruit stand as the minivan drove inverse.
The driver of the minivan was identified as 70-year-old Henry Herman of Monroe. Police told ABC, Herman accidentally hit the gas causing the vehicle to accelerate.
The crash killed 56-year-old Chun Zhang of Queens. Four people suffered critical or serious injuries and two others were hurt, police say.
Herman was charged with seven counts of failure to yield to pedestrians, failure to exercise due care and other traffic violations.
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Killed in the 'Line of Duty'
- Hudson Valley Man Who Murdered Family Faced Parole Board
- Cops: Hudson Valley Man Kills 1 Trying to Parallel Park, 6 Hurt
- Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Crash With Tractor-Trailer
- 1 Airlifted to Hospital After Hudson Valley School Bus Tips Over
- All of I-84 in the Hudson Valley to get New Exit Numbers
- Hudson Valley Man Killed At Work, Gunman On The Loose
- Remains of 24-Year-Old Found in Bag Outside Hudson Valley Bank
- Marist Graduate Makes NFL History