Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Crash With Tractor-Trailer
A 25-year-old woman from the Hudson Valley lost her life when her car collided with a tractor-trailer on Route 17.
On Monday around 5 p.m., the Sullivan County Sheriff’s patrol responded to a 911 call about a car and a tractor-trailer crash on State Route 17 east, just past exit 107 in the Town of Thompson.
A 2015 Honda Civic was in the passing lane when it collided with the center median guide rail, bounced off the rail and crossed into the path of a tractor-trailer, police say.
The front driver’s side wheel of the tractor-trailer crushed the passenger side of the Honda seriously injuring the driver, 25-year-old Emily Henry of Montgomery.
Henry was extricated by the Rock Hill Fire Department and transported to Catskill Regional Medical Center in Harris. She was later transferred to Orange Regional Medical Center in Middletown where she died from her injuries, according to police.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, a 27-year-old man from Waterloo wasn't injured. The tractor-trailer is being inspected by the NY State Police Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Unit.
State Route 17 eastbound was shut down for three hours between exits 107 and 108.
The investigation into the crash continues, police say.
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Killed in the 'Line of Duty'
- Hudson Valley Man Who Murdered Family Faced Parole Board
- Cops: Hudson Valley Man Kills 1 Trying to Parallel Park, 6 Hurt
- Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Crash With Tractor-Trailer
- 1 Airlifted to Hospital After Hudson Valley School Bus Tips Over
- All of I-84 in the Hudson Valley to get New Exit Numbers
- Hudson Valley Man Killed At Work, Gunman On The Loose
- Remains of 24-Year-Old Found in Bag Outside Hudson Valley Bank
- Marist Graduate Makes NFL History