3 Children, 2 Adults Dead in Easter Monday Fire in Hudson Valley
Five people--three kids and two adults--lost their lives in a house fire in the Hudson Valley. Another person is in critical condition.
New York State Police from the Catskill are investigating a fatal structure fire from a home on State Route 145 in the town of Durham.
Five people were confirmed dead at the scene and one person was transported to a nearby hospital and is currently listed in critical condition, police say.
According to State Police, John Mamanno, 34, remains in critical condition suffering from burns to his face, hands and arm.
The five who died inside the home were identified as Mammano’s children; 7-year-old Sophia Mammano, 8-year-old Jayden Caffrey, Jonathan Mammano, 10, and his parents; 68-year-old Nicholas Mammano and 68-year-old Mary Mammano.
The family was gathered at the home to celebrate Easter, according to the Times Union.
The cause of the fire is still currently under investigation.
- Woman Found Dead in Hudson Valley Creek
- Easter Monday Snowstorm Will Impact All of the Hudson Valley
- Child Killer Out of Hudson Valley Prison, Moves Near Daycare
- Fundraiser Planned for Hudson Valley Teen Who lost Feet From Flu
- Police: Worker Commits Sex Act at Hudson Valley Retirement Home
- Fire Displaces 6 Hudson Valley Residents From Home
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley