A second-alarm fire displaced a Hudson Valley family of six from their home.

On Sunday around 12:45 a.m., the Arlington Fire District was dispatched to a home on New Hackensack Road in the Town of Poughkeepsie for a reported bedroom fire.

First responders were met with heavy fire and smokey conditions, officials say.

Five people and a dog were sleeping inside the home at the time of the fire. They were woken up by a smoke detector and all were able to flee their burning home prior to firefighters arrival.

No injuries were reported, officials say.

According to the Arlington Fire District, the home suffered severe damage. Six occupants, plus the family’s dog, were displaced. A representative from the Red Cross was at the scene and is helping the fire.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, involving failure of electrical distribution equipment, officials say.

Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley

More From Hudson Valley Post