Easter Monday Snowstorm Will Impact All of the Hudson Valley
Forecasters say an Easter Monday snowstorm is going to impact all of the Hudson Valley. Sadly, this isn't an April Fool's joke.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for Orange, Putnam, Rockland and Westchester counties. 3 to 5 inches of snow is predicted for Orange and Rockland counties, 2 to 4 is forecast for Putnam and Westchester.
The Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from 2 a.m. until 2 p.m. Monday. Slippery road conditions and reduced visibility are expected, including during the morning commute on Monday, according to the National Weather Service.
The National Weather Service also issued a Hazardous Weather Outlook for Dutchess and Ulster Counties with 2 to 4 inches of snow predicted.
"It’s not a major event, and most (if not all) of what falls will struggle to accumulate on paved surfaces," Hudson Valley Weather wrote on its website. "But we are talking about the legitimate potential for April snow."
Snow should start falling between 2 a.m. from west to east and taper off between 8 a.m. and noon, Monday.
Hudson Valley Weather is predicting a coating to three inches of snow in the northern parts of the Hudson Valley and 2 to 5 inches in the southern parts.
The storm could lead to some snow closing and delays. For the latest information about Hudson Valley snow closings and delays CLICK HERE. Make sure to check this page often as we will continue to update the page with the latest snow closings and delays.
- Hudson Valley Woman Arrested For Bringing Loaded Gun to School
- Local Family That Lost Baby, Mother in Fatal Crash Needs Help
- 3 Hudson Valley Teens Charged With Classmate’s Stabbing Death
- State Police Continue to Investigate Dead Body Found in Woods
- Baby, Mother Killed Crossing Route 52 in Fishkill
- Hudson Valley Teen Loses Feet, Hand From Flu
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Assaults Ex, Masturbates Near Child
- 4 Charged After Man Brutally Murdered in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley