2018 Year In Review: Business
In our 2018 Year in Review, Hudson Valley Post is looking back on the top news stories for the year. We digging into the archives regarding insects, animals, plants; business; wild weather; fatalities; and celebrities
In this post, we take a look back at business news from the past year. From openings, closings, layoffs, measles and other news at local businesses.
- The Tilted Kilt in Poughkeepsie
- The Just A Buck store at the Hannaford Shopping Plaza in Wappingers Falls
- Copperfield's on Route 44 in Millbrook
- College Diner New Paltz
- Carl's Jr. on Ulster Avenue in Kingston
- Fluor & Jabil
- The Derby, Poughkeepsie
- Forest of Fear in Tuxedo Park
- Macy's, Nanuet
- Uncle Huck’s Louisiana Kitchen, Newburgh
- Regal Cinemas, Hudson Valley Mall
- CEX, Poughkeepsie Galleria
- Woman Goes on Homophobic Rant at Hudson Valley ShopRite
- Bottini Fuel ordered to pay $3.2 Million
- The Hudson Valley Shop You Didn't Know Was Owned by Mark Ruffalo
- A brand-new restaurant in the Hudson Valley has been named one of the best in the country
- Hudson Valley Pizzeria Owner Evaded Nearly $1 Million in Taxes
- Two ice cream stands from the Hudson Valley were named the top two ice cream shops in "upstate New York."
- 13 Hudson Valley Businesses Caught Selling Alcohol to Minors
- Dirtiest Hudson Valley Restaurants Called Out by Yelp
- A beloved chef, who's said to be in the U.S. legally, was detained by immigration officials.
- Gully's is Sinking
- Mold Found on Cheesecake at Newburgh Diner
- A Newburgh business went viral for its interesting sign
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Customer Responds to Public Shaming by Hudson Valley Laundromat
- A Hudson Valley man claims to have found a cockroach in his fast-food burger.