A number of people tested positive for a very contagious virus after eating at a popular Hudson Valley diner. The Mamaroneck Diner voluntarily closed down this past weekend after customers reported they got sick after eating at the diner. As of this writing, the diner remains closed.

On Monday, the Westchester County Department of Health confirmed that customers and employees contacted the Norovirus, NBC reports.

According to the CDC, Norovirus is a very contagious virus which you can get from contaminated food, water, surfaces, or from an infected person. The virus causes your stomach or intestines, or both, to get inflamed, which leads to stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

"Public health nurses worked over the weekend and today to interview Diner employees and have excluded from work any staff who were ill or had recently been ill," the Westchester County Department of Health said in a statement. "It is up to the diner’s management to determine when to reopen. The health department plans to be present when they do reopen to assure that those who report to work are healthy."

The diner hired professionals, who specialize in the Norovirus, to inspect and clean the store.

Late Monday, the Mamaroneck Diner was cleared by the Westchester County Department of Health to reopen for business, according to a Facebook post.

"Our establishment & employees have been screened and we have been given the green light to open. Unfortunately, it is not quick and easy to restock, set up and prep. So that we may open at the high standards our customers have come to expect, we will need a day or two to get ready," the company wrote on Facebook.

More From Hudson Valley Post