Hudson Valley Measles Outbreak Spreads to Newark Airport
The outbreak of this highly contagious disease continues to spread and you might not develop symptoms until the end of the month.
The New Jersey Department of Health warns that two people with measles may have exposed others. Health officials say measles was exposed to Newark Airport on May 2 and a number of other locations in New Jersey.
The news comes just after the Orange County Department of Health reported a potential measles exposure at a Monroe medical facility as a result of an infected traveler visiting Orange County on April 29.
Health officials from New York State confirmed two tourists with measles from Europe visited Putnam and Orange counties as well as Brooklyn. They later visited Westchester County.
The European tourists traveling with measles also resulted in the Red Line Diner in Fishkill being exposed. A Subway in Patterson and DeCicco & Sons food market in Brewster were also exposed.
Exposed individuals could develop symptoms as late as May 23, health officials say.
Anyone who visited the following locations may have been exposed to measles:
- Watchtower Educational Center, 100 Watchtower Drive, Patterson, NY between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. on April 26, in the dining hall; between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. on April 27, in the main lobby area; and between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on April 27, in the dining hall
- Museum at the Watchtower World Headquarters, 1 Kings Drive, Tuxedo Park, NY between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. on April 27.
- Red Line Diner, 588 Route 9, Fishkill, NY between 10:30 p.m. on April 27, and 1:30 a.m. on April 28,
- Subway Restaurant in Patterson Commons, 3104 Route 22, Patterson, NY between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. on April 29, 2018.
- Old Country Buffet, 821 Country Route 64, Elmira, NY on April 30, between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Medical office of Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, 745 Route 17M, Monroe, NY from 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. on April 29 or in the lobby and communal areas of the first and second floor or at BioReference Laboratory in the building, between the 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Ontario Travel Plaza on NYS Thruway (I-90) in Leroy, NY on April 30, between 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- DeCicco and Sons, 50 Independent Way, Brewster, NY between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on May 1, 2018.
- Sheraton Niagara Falls, 300 3rd Street, Niagara Falls, NY from 5:30 p.m. on April 30, to 9:30 a.m. on May 2.
- Niagara Falls Urgent Care, 3117 Military Road Suite 2, Niagara Falls, NY on May 1, between 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- TA Travel Center, Exit 5 on Interstate 390 in Dansville, NY, on May 2, between 9:30 a.m. and noon.
- Towne Centre at Englewood apartments, 20 W Palisade Ave, Englewood, NJ anytime between April 24 and May 2.
April 24 - May 2 – any time
- Renaissance Office Center, 15 Engle St, Englewood, NJ on April 30, between 1 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.
- Newark Liberty International Airport, Terminal C on May 2, between 11 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Columbia Travel Center, I-80 at Rt. 94, 2 Simpson Rd, Columbia, NJ on April 30, between 9:45 a.m. and 12:20 p.m.
- Hudson Valley Measles Outbreak Spreads to Newark Airport
- Update: Teacher Found Dead in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Admits to Second Fatal Drunk Driving Accident
- High-Risk Sex Offender Found Hiding in Hudson Valley, Police Say
- Hudson Valley City One of the Most Dangerous in America
- 4 Hudson Valley Teens Arrested after Home Invasion