Popular Hudson Valley Diner Closed Down For Good
A popular Hudson Valley diner that was frequented by generations of local residents and college students has closed down and the property is for sale. College Diner located at 500 Main Street in New Paltz has served their last meal after being open 24/7 for more than 40 years.
Broker List has the property at 500 Main Street in New Paltz up for sale at $1.2 million or lease for $135,000. The prime location offers more than 200 feet of frontage on Main Street and comes in at just over two acres. More than 18,000 cars a day pass by and is adjacent to the proposed Wildberry Lodge which would include a hotel and indoor water park.
The listing suggests the property would be ideal for retail, a bank, offices or continued use as a restaurant. Generations of people have met there for coffee or stopped in for an omelet to start the day after a late night out so will someone decide to carry on the tradition is the question.
With the possible development next door, what would you put in this prime New Paltz location?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America