Teen Killed in Crash in Hudson Valley, Driver Arrested
A teenage girl lost her life in a car crash in the Hudson Valley. The driver, a teen boy, is behind bars.
On Sunday around 5:40 a.m., police responded to a one-car accident on State Route 23A near Horse Shoe Bend in the town of Hunter.
A 17-year-old girl, a passenger in the car, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to CBS. Three others were taken to Albany Medical Center with undisclosed injuries. The girl's name hasn't been released as of this writing.
The driver, an unnamed 17-year-old boy, was charged with criminally negligent homicide, reckless endangerment, reckless driving, speeding and other driving violations by the Greene County Sheriff's Office.
He was arraigned in the Town of Cairo Court and sent to jail in lieu of $25,000 bail.
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher, Father to 10 Killed
- Sex Trafficking Happening in Hudson Valley at 'Alarming Rates'
- Teen Killed in Crash in Hudson Valley, Driver Arrested
- Police Seek Help After Man Killed Potentially Racing on Taconic
- Hudson Valley High School Senior Killed in Crash
- Man Found Dead Pinned Under Truck in Hudson Valley
- Encounter With Bouncer, Customer at Hudson Valley Bar Goes Viral
- Hudson Valley Woman With Suspended License Causes Fatal Accident