Skeletal Remains Found in Hudson Valley, Investigation Underway
Police are investigating after skeletal remains were found on private property in the Hudson Valley.
On Friday around 1 p.m., the Columbia County Sheriff's Office received a call from a person who was doing excavation work on private property off of State Route 9J in Stuyvesant. The caller said he found what he believed to be skeletal remains while working on the property, police say.
After receiving the call, Columbia County Sheriff’s Office deputies and investigators rushed to the scene and confirmed skeletal remains were discovered by the caller, officials say.
Police are actively investigating the discovery. Because the investigation is in its infancy no additional details were made available to the public, police say.
- Hudson Valley Teen Disappears After Going to Local Bar
- Unvaccinated Children Allowed Back at Hudson Valley Schools
- Filming Will Close Congested Hudson Valley Road During Rush Hour
- Hudson Valley Man Dies After Crashing Into Building
- Skeletal Remains Found in Hudson Valley, Investigation Underway
- Police Raid 6 Hudson Valley Bars Looking For Underage Drinkers