One Killed In Thruway Crash in Orange County
One person was killed and others injured in a multiple vehicle crash on the New York State Thruway in Orange County.
On Saturday around 9:30 p.m., State Police were dispatched to investigate a multiple vehicle serious injury accident on I-87 Northbound in the Town of Woodbury.
According to police, an investigation revealed that operator error caused a two-car accident which resulted in the death of one passenger. At this time police are not releasing what error caused the fatal accident.
Eric A. Luzardo, 24, of Elmhurst was pronounced dead at the scene.
All other people involved in the crash suffered non-life threatening injuries, police say. The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Traffic was stopped on I-87 near exit 16 for hours. Dash-cam video provided to Hudson Valley Post shows the scene after traffic began to move.
- High-Risk Virginia Sex Offender Now Living Near Hudson Valley School, Nursery
- Man Wanted in Illinois Accused of Killing Hudson Valley Woman
- Beacon Woman Killed In Two-Car Crash
- Upper Hudson Valley Man Killed in 1-Car Crash
- Police: 14 Arrested For Selling Heroin in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley