NYSP: Hudson Valley Sex Offender Failed to Report Address Change
A Hudson Valley sex offender is behind bars for allegedly not notifying authorities of an address change.
Recently, New York State Police from Middletown arrested 31-year-old Richard Kiefer of Middletown for failing to make proper notification to the State of a change in his address.
The New York State's Sex Offender Registry Act requires all sex offenders to notify police within 10 days of an address change.
Kiefer is currently classified as a Level 1 sex offender as a result of a previous conviction, police say.
Kiefer was charged, under New York State's Sex Offender Registry Act, with failure to register and verify, a felony. He was arraigned in the City of Middletown Court and remanded to the Orange County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $25,000 secured bond.
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School Bathroom
- Coywolf Spotted in Lower Hudson Valley, on Palisades Parkway
- Hudson Valley Lawyer Accused of Sexually Touching Another Woman
- Police Seize over $30,000 Worth of Cocaine During I-87 Stop
- Violent, High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Sets Fire to Home
- Police: Hudson Valley Couple Snorted Heroin Near Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley