Massive Chipotle Data Breach Greatly Impacts Hudson Valley Customers
Customer payment information was stolen from almost every Chipotle location nationwide, including here in the Hudson Valley.
Between March 24 and April 18, hackers used malware to access payment card data.
The malware searched for track data, which sometimes has cardholder name in addition to card number, expiration date, and internal verification code. The data is read from the magnetic stripe of a payment card, Chipotle said in a press release.
The company isn’t sure how many payment cards were hacked during the breach that hit most of Chipotle’s 2,250 restaurants during a three-week period.
The following Hudson Valley locations were impacted the by breach, according to the company.
- Central Valley
- Dobbs Ferry
- White Plains
- West Nyack
- Rye Brook.
If you think your card may have been hacked, you can call 888-738-0534 Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
If you dined at Chipotle at other locations across the country, during the three-week period, click here to see if your restaurant was breached.
According to Chipotle, the malware has been removed. The company is also working with law enforcement and credit card companies.
- Help Is Needed as Police Continue To Investigate Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Local High School Senior Killed In Rollover Crash, Classmate in Critical Condition
- Authorities Seek Help Looking For Missing Hudson Valley Woman
- 12 Hudson Valley Sex Offenders Arrested For Not Registering, Police Seek Help Finding Many
- Police Search For Missing Hudson Valley Teen
Murders, a man masturbating at a local Walmart and a fatal bug that's spreading are a part of this week's Top 5 local news stories.