Hudson Valley Man Killed in Home Fire
A Hudson Valley man lost his life during a raging fire inside his home.
On Tuesday around 1:15 a.m., Dutchess County 911 dispatched the Hyde Park Police Department to 12 Farm Lane for a report of a structure fire.
Hyde Park police and deputies from the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office arrived and attempted to gain entry to the home. The officers were quickly overwhelmed by the smoke and could not get in, police say.
The Hyde Park Fire Department and Fairview Fire department responded to battle the blaze.
James S. O'Brien, 52, who lived at the home died in the fire, officials say.
O'Brien was born in Poughkeepsie and FDR High School. He worked construction in the local area, according to his obituary.
The Dutchess County Fire Investigation Division were called to the scene to investigate the fire. The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but it is believed to have started in the kitchen area, officials say.
- Chance The Hudson Valley Will See Major Snowstorm This Weekend
- New York Officials Want To Remove Trump's Name From Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teacher Wins $4 Million in Defamation Case
- Hudson Valley All-Inclusive Resort Among Best in the Nation
- Hudson Valley Featured In Upcoming Movie Featuring Many Stars
- Prepare For Traffic Nightmare on NYS Thruway This Weekend
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Now Offering Free Food
- Married Hudson Valley Couple Found Dead Inside Home
- Credit Card Skimmers Found at 2 Hudson Valley Gas Stations
- Gigantic Indoor Waterpark Coming To Hudson Valley
- Tappan Zee Bridge To Be Blown Up
- Highest Paid Teachers in Hudson Valley