Hudson Valley Man Breaks Into Home Using Crossbow
A Hudson Valley man broke into a local home by shooting a crossbow into the home near where children play.
On Wednesday, 25-year-old Johnnie Lancaster of the Town of Ulster was sentenced in Ulster County Court to 20 years in state prison after his conviction by a trial for burglary and criminal possession of a weapon.
On February 23, 2018, homeowners in Saugerties woke up to find an arrow stuck in their living room wall and a broken window indicating that the arrow was shot into the home. An ax with blood on the handle was also found at the scene, officials say.
Blood evidence was found on the porch and near a broken basement window. All of the blood evidence matched the single DNA profile of Lancaster, officials say. No one was injured nor was any property taken from the home.
On Feb. 28, 2018, neighbors near Old Stage Road called police after discovering a crossbow and arrows along with a backpack in a wooded area. Inside the backpack was a cellphone SIM card linked to Lancaster. Blood was also found on the crossbow matching the same single profile of Lancaster, according to the Ulster County District Attorney's Office.
The crossbow was designed to kill large game such as bear and deer. To load the crossbow, it required 150 pounds of force to create tension on the cord which holds the arrow in place. The crossbow was fired into the home from the enclosed porch through closed blinds in an area where children in the home played. There was no evidence that Lancaster knew the homeowners.
- Drunk Driver Fleeing Police Murders Hudson Valley Mother
- Here's How You Can Eat For Free During Your Birthday Month
- Missing New York Man Found By Fishermen in Hudson Valley
- Two Raped and Sexual Assaulted Missing Teen in Hudson Valley
- 7 Children Get Lost While Hiking in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley 8th-Grader Wanted For Murder of Innocent Teen
- Human Remains Found By Men Fishing in Hudson Valley
- 10 Hudson Valley Residents Arrested Following Prostitution Sting
- Kevin Bacon Spotted in Hudson Valley
- Humongous Fish Caught in Hudson Valley