Gigantic Fish Caught in Hudson Valley
A number of men are sharing photos and details about huge fish they caught recently in the Hudson River.
Last Wednesday night, Elmer Arroyo of Beacon caught the impressive looking fish seen in the photo above in the Hudson River near Beacon.
Arroyo wrote on Facebook, "no bait needed just tie on a swim bait." He says he released the fish back into the water of taking a photo.
Kris Kretzschmar says he recently caught a fish in the Hudson River in Stuyvesant that measured 38 inches and weighed 20 pounds. He told NYUP he caught the striped bass by using a chunk of herring as bait. Kretzschmar says he caught the striped bass around 2:45 a.m.
According to NYUP, AB Youngblood recently used chunk bait to catch a 41-inch striped bass on the Hudson River in Rensselaer County. You can see photos of Youngblood's and Kretzschmar's fish by clicking the NYUP link.
- Over 50% of New Yorkers Live in Areas With Failing Air Quality
- Hudson Valley Diner Serves 'Delicious' Sri Lankan Food
- Gigantic Fish Caught in Hudson Valley
- Man Falls 45 Feet Hiking in Hudson Valley on Easter
- Police: Wanted Heroin Trafficker Found Hiding in Hudson Valley
- Eatery With '#1 Cheesesteak in The World' Coming to Hudson Valley
- Award-Winning Hudson Valley Restaurant Completes Major Expansion
- Deal Saves 950 Jobs in Hudson Valley, Will Create 150 More
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused Of Stealing Over $13,500 From Scouts
- People Are Moving Out of Hudson Valley At Alarming Rates
- The Hudson Valley is Home to the Best Pizza Place in 'Upstate NY'
- New 'Luxury' Movie Theater Opens in Hudson Valley
- You Can Help a Hudson Valley WWII Veteran Celebrate Turning 100