Dutchess County Man Accused of Attacking Two People
A Dutchess County man allegedly strangled a woman and beat a man trying to help the woman.
On Wednesday, New York State Police from the Rhinebeck barracks arrested Brandon Godin, 25, of Hyde Park, for strangulation, a class D felony, and assault, a class A misdemeanor.
Around 1:45 p.m., troopers were dispatched to Springwood Circle in the town of Hyde Park for a domestic dispute by Dutchess County 911. An investigation found Godin entered the residence and began strangling a woman. Another man in the home attemped to help the woman and Godin then began to assault the intervening male, police say.
Godin was arraigned before the town of Hyde Park and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 secure bond.
- Could Route 17 See a Major Expansion in Hudson Valley?
- Nearly $20 Million Approved to Improve Many Hudson Valley Schools
- Nickelodeon Theme Park Set It Open Just Outside the Hudson Valley
- Sexual Predator Released From Prison, Moves in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Cop Fleeing Rabid Fox Shoots Himself in Chest
- Hudson Valley Student Diagnosed With Highly Contagious Virus
- Police Sergeant Accused of Making, Selling Guns in Hudson Valley
- 5 Hudson Valley School Districts Among 'Worst-graded' in New York
- 2 Hudson Valley Eateries Among Best Found 'Off The Beaten Path'