Downed Tree Crushes Hudson Valley Man’s Car
Thursday, October 31's storm wreaked havoc on the Hudson Valley, especially this man's car.
Halloween 2019 brought more than tricks and treats, it also brought a major rainstorm. We reported earlier that 100,000 customers across the Hudson Valley were without power. Winds reached up to 60 mph in the Hudson Valley region and there were two to five inches of rain. There were also downed trees in the Hudson Valley that were causing traffic problems and damage.
One Hudson Valley man woke up to a downed tree that caused serious damage. The tree had fallen on top of his car. Sterling DePaul, of Poughkeepsie, unfortunately, discovered that part of a tree had snapped off and fallen on the roof of his car. It crushed the roof and windshield. The car was parked in the City of Poughkeepsie. The car is expected to be totaled.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate