2 Bodies Pulled From Hudson River
A man's body was found in the Hudson River as police search for a Hudson Valley man who may have killed his wife.
On Wednesday, the Westchester County Police Marine Unit recovered the remains of a man from the Hudson River near Dobbs Ferry.
Police were notified around 2:50 p.m. that a boater spotted a body floating in the river off Irvington. The Marine Unit responded, located the deceased and brought his remains aboard a Marine Unit patrol boat.
The cause of death and the identity of the deceased are under investigation by police detectives from the General Investigations Unit. The remains were turned over to the Westchester Medical Examiner’s Office at the Tarrytown Marina. An autopsy is pending.
While police didn't release the man's identity, they say he does not match the physical description of George Grogan, the homicide suspect being sought by Town of Poughkeepsie and New York State Police.
Police are still searching for the Poughkeepsie man who may have killed his wife. The body of a dead woman believed to be Audrey Grogan was found in a parked car at Bear Mountain State Park late Saturday after George Grogan allegedly told his son he killed his wife.
Police have not released a cause of death but say the death appears suspicious. Police say there’s no new information and the manhunt for Grogan continues.
Also on Wednesday, authorities announced a woman's body was found in the Hudson River near the Hoboken train station. The woman hasn't been identified but is believed to be 35 to 50 years old, the New York Post reports. It's unclear how the woman ended up in the water.
- Measles Confirmed in Hudson Valley, 'More Exposures Possible'
- Celebrities From Hudson Valley Comment On Controversial SNL Skit
- New York Resident Reports Seeing Mountain Lion in Middle of Road
- Traffic Expected In Area During Services For Fallen NYPD Officer
- Police Search For Driver After Fatal Hit-And-Run Near West Point
- Manhunt For Man Who May Have Killed Wife in Hudson Valley
- SNL Mocks Hudson Valley, Ratings Crumble
- Secrets From Action Park Explored in Documentary
- NYPD Officer From Hudson Valley Killed by Friendly Fire