Tree Falls on Young Girl Trick-or-Treating in Lower Hudson Valley
A young girl was left screaming in pain after a tree fell on her while trick-or-treating in the Hudson Valley.
A tree fell on a girl around the age of 9 or 10 years old Thursday night around 6:30 p.m. in New Rochelle.
The child was trick-or-treating with her mother and other children when what's described as a massive tree snapped due to strong winds and landed on top of the unnamed girl, leaving her screaming in pain.
Rescue crews were forced to use chainsaws to break the tree apart to free the girl.
She was rushed to Jacobi Medical Center with undisclosed injuries. Witnesses tell NBC she suffered a number of broken bones.
Neighbors told NBC the tree was likely dead and ready to fall for years.
- Potentially Deadly Drugs Featuring 'Lebron' Sold in Hudson Valley
- Tree Falls on Young Girl Trick-or-Treating in Lower Hudson Valley
- DA: Lower Hudson Valley Teacher Sexually Abused Child in School
- Hudson Valley High School Coach, MTA Bus Driver Accused of Fraud
- Hudson Valley Teen Sentenced in Killing After Marijuana Robbery
- Second Earthquake in Less Than Week Rocks Lower Hudson Valley
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Holds Grand Reopening After Fire
- Hudson Valley Mother Sues Over Video of Cop's Encounter With Teen
- 3 Hudson Valley Children Found With Dangerous Contagious Disease
- Hudson Valley Teacher To Battle Best on Jeopardy!
- Hudson Valley Man To Reveal Secrets About Action Park
- 'Wetter-Than-Average' Winter Predicted For New York
- Earthquake Felt in Parts of Hudson Valley, Near Popular Mall
- Staff From Iconic Hudson Valley Restaurant To Open New Business