TPPD: Dutchess County Woman Drove Intoxicated With Child In Car
A Dutchess County woman is accused of driving while ability impaired by drugs with a child in her car.
On Saturday around 9:30 p.m., Town of Poughkeepsie police charged 34-year-old Alicia A. Rabenda of Hyde Park with aggravated DWI under Leandra's Law, a felony, driving while ability impaired by drugs, criminal possession of a controlled substance and endangering the welfare of a child, misdemeanors.
Rabenda was pulled over on Main Street for an alleged traffic violation. She was arrested after police allege she was driving intoxicated with a child in the car.
The child was turned over to a family member. A referral was made to Child Protective Services, police say. Rabenda was remanded to Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or $40,000 bond.
- Nickelodeon Theme Park Set It Open Just Outside the Hudson Valley
- Sexual Predator Released From Prison, Moves in Hudson Valley
- Parents of Fallen West Point Cadet Win Right to Retrieve Sperm
- Hudson Valley Cop Fleeing Rabid Fox Shoots Himself in Chest
- Hudson Valley Student Diagnosed With Highly Contagious Virus
- Police Sergeant Accused of Making, Selling Guns in Hudson Valley
- 5 Hudson Valley School Districts Among 'Worst-graded' in New York
- 2 Hudson Valley Eateries Among Best Found 'Off The Beaten Path'