Sexually Violent Offender Moves Next To Hudson Valley School
A man who sexually abused three young girls is now living within walking distance of a Hudson Valley elementary school.
On Facebook, the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office let the public know that Level-3 sex offender Wayne Oles moved from an apartment in Poughkeepsie to the Pleasant Valley motel in Pleasant Valley.
The 55-year-old is described by police as being a 5'6" 200-pound white man.
In 2001, he was convicted for sexually abusing three girls, ages 13, 14, and 16, according to the New York State Sex Offender's database. He was sentenced to one day to 54 months in prison. How long he spent in prison wasn't released. On the database, he's labeled as a "Sexually Violent Offender."
The Level-3 sex offender's new home is just 0.2 miles from Traver Road Primary School, according to Google Maps. Google Maps estimates Oles could walk from his home to the school in three minutes, or make a one minute drive.
- Car Chased By Cops Crashes Into Hudson Valley Home, 1 Likely Dead
- Police: Man Dies Retrieving Items From Burning Hudson Valley Home
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Scalding 2-Year-Old
- SLA: 4 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors
- DEC: Hiker Falls, Slides 40 Feet Down Popular Hudson Valley Falls
- Hudson Valley Woman Found Dead in Local Hotel Room
- Justin Bieber Engaged to Girl From the Hudson Valley
- Potentially Fatal Insect-Spread Virus Confirmed in Hudson Valley
- Pet Owner Abandons Dog in Hudson Valley With No Food, Water