Police: Mother Arrested on Drug Charges Left Children Alone
A Dutchess County mother who was arrested on drug charges is accused of leaving her children alone.
State Police from Poughkeepsie arrested 38-year-old Danielle Hughes of Millbrook on Oct. 8, for possession of cocaine and she was remanded to Dutchess County Jail by the Town of Pleasant Valley Justice Court.
Hughes allegedly told troopers that she got a babysitter prior to leaving the house that evening to care for her children.
However, Hughes’ ex-husband told police that he found the children outside of their home looking for their mother.
Hughes was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor. She was issued an appearance ticket returnable to the Town of Washington Justice Court on Nov. 28.
- E-Cigs Banned in All Hudson Valley Restaurants, Bars
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Drove Drunk Twice in 24 Hour Period
- Dutchess County Man in Serious Condition Following Motorcycle Crash
- Hudson Valley Teens Rescued From Alleged Sex Traffickers
- Man Charged With Illegally Killing Deer in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley