Police: Hudson Valley Woman Stabbed Man, Hit Him With Lamp, Broom
A Hudson Valley woman is accused of slicing a man with a kitchen knife and hitting him with a lamp, broomstick and ping-pong paddle.
On Wednesday, deputies from the Ulster County Sheriff's Office responded to a home on Salem Street in the Town of Esopus for a report of a dispute.
Arriving officers found a man with stab wounds and were told a woman fled the scene. After a brief search of the area, deputies found the alleged suspect, 25-year-old Nicole Rios of Port Ewen, in the Dutcher Mobile Home Park.
Rios was taken into custody and transported to the Ulster County Law Enforcement Center. An investigation by detectives revealed that Rios struck the victim with a broomstick, a lamp, and a ping-pong paddle before slicing him with a kitchen knife, police say.
The unnamed man was taken to Health Alliance of the Hudson Valley, Broadway Campus and treated for his injuries.
Rios was charged with assault, a felony and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor. She was arraigned in Town of Esopus Justice Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or $40,000 secured bond.
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher Dies At 33
- 1 Dead After High-Speed Chase in Hudson Valley, Driver Charged
- New Invasive Tick Could Devastate 'The Entire Hudson Valley'
- Hudson Valley Ice Cream Stand 'Best in Upstate NY'
- Police Search For Missing Hudson Valley College Student
- Police Search For Person Who Survived Mid-Hudson Bridge Jump
- Justin Bieber Spotted at Famous Hudson Valley Pizzeria
- 7 High-Risk Sex Offenders Move in Hudson Valley
- Retired Police Lieutenant From Hudson Valley Raped 2 Relatives