Police: Hudson Valley Drug Dealer Arrested on Thruway
An alleged drug dealer and a teen are accused of driving on Interstate-87 with a large amount of drugs.
On Saturday around 8:45 p.m., New York State Police stopped a vehicle on the New York State Thruway in the town of Tuxedo for an alleged vehicle and traffic violation.
While interviewing the driver, 41-year-old Humberto A. Borges Jr., of Newburgh a probable cause search was established, police say.
During the search of the car, driver and passenger, Danielys M. Melendez Ortiz, age 19, of Newburgh, allegedly around 65.8 grams heroin, 4.7 grams of cocaine and 3.5 grams of synthetic marihuana were found.
Borges was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance with the intent to sell, two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance, felonies. Ortiz was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Borges was arraigned in the Town of Tuxedo Court and remanded to the Orange County Jail without bail. Ortiz was released on an appearance ticket.
- Hudson Valley Woman Arrested For Bringing Loaded Gun to School
- Local Family That Lost Baby, Mother in Fatal Crash Needs Help
- 3 Hudson Valley Teens Charged With Classmate’s Stabbing Death
- State Police Continue to Investigate Dead Body Found in Woods
- Baby, Mother Killed Crossing Route 52 in Fishkill
- Hudson Valley Teen Loses Feet, Hand From Flu
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Assaults Ex, Masturbates Near Child
- 4 Charged After Man Brutally Murdered in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley