Hudson Valley Man Worked as a Therapist Without a License, Police Say
A Hudson Valley man is accused of acting as an FBI agent and treating mental health patients without a license.
On Sunday, the New York State Police Troop F Child Abuse Unit in Orange County announced the arrest of 53-year-old Eduardo Talentino of Monroe and Margaret Patterson, 79, of Lake Peekskill.
A joint Investigation with Orange County Child Protective Services and Orange County Fraud revealed that Patterson, using the name Charlene Paterson, a licensed Master of Social Work, was aiding and abetting Talentino who was claiming to be a Psychologist and/or Psychiatrist with a Ph.D. but really treating patients without a license, police say.
The investigation also revealed Talentino, who also used the named Elder Talentino, acted as an FBI agent, according to New York State Police.
Both allegedly worked in offices in Chester and The Center for ADHD in the Village of Washingtonville. Both were charged with committing the educational law felony of unauthorized practice of a profession. Additional charges are pending.
Anyone who has information regarding either person is asked to contact the Orange County Child Abuse Unit at 845-291-2810. All Calls will be kept confidential.
- Update on Contaminated Milk That Could Lead to Fatal Infection
- Beloved Hudson Valley Diner Closes For Good
- Man Shot in Chest in Hudson Valley, Armed Shooter On The Run
- Student Charged With Assaulting Hudson Valley Teacher
- Top-Ranking Hudson Valley Fire Officials Charged With Corruption
- NYSP Child Abuse Unit Arrest 2 Hudson Valley Residents