Man Shot in Chest in Hudson Valley, Armed Shooter on the Run
A man was shot in the chest in the Hudson Valley and police are hoping you can help them catch the shooter who's still on the run.
On Friday around 4:30 a.m., City of Newburgh police responded to the area of Johnston Street and Campbell Street for a ‘Shot Spotter’ activation. Upon arrival, officers located a man near the curb who had suffered an apparent gunshot wound to the chest, police say.
He was transported to St. Luke’s hospital to receive treatment for his injuries. The man's name and condition weren't released. We will update this story if more information is released.
The City of Newburgh Police Department’s "non-fatal shooting task force," consisting of a City of Newburgh detective, Orange County District Attorney investigator, and a crime analyst, is investigating the shooting with the help of the A.T.F. and the Town of New Windsor Police Department.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the City of Newburgh police department at (845)561-3131.
- Update on Contaminated Milk That Could Lead to Fatal Infection
- Beloved Hudson Valley Diner Closes For Good
- Man Shot in Chest in Hudson Valley, Armed Shooter On The Run
- Student Charged With Assaulting Hudson Valley Teacher
- Top-Ranking Hudson Valley Fire Officials Charged With Corruption
- NYSP Child Abuse Unit Arrest 2 Hudson Valley Residents