Another Hudson Valley Retail Store Is Closing
One Hudson Valley location is among the close to 30 stores that learned today they are being forced to close down.
As Sears Holdings continues to cut costs, the company announced Thursday that they are closing 28 more Kmart locations.
The closures add to a growing list of 330 Sears or Kmart stores that were closed or will be shut down by the end of 2017, reports USA Today.
The company notified employees on Thursday and made the list public Thursday afternoon.
In the Hudson Valley, there are Kmart stores in Vails Gate (New Windsor), Poughkeepsie, Mahopac, Yorktown Heights and White Plains.
Of the local stores, one is on the list of closures. The Kmart in Vails Gate will shut its doors in Mid-November.
All but one of the 28 stores will close in November. Liquidation sales will begin on August 31.
In a public filing this year, Sears announced it only has about 12 months of cash to continue operating.
- Barn That Houses Horses at Historic Hudson Valley Track Goes Up in Flames
- Police: Hudson Valley Mother Overdoses While Taking Care of Child
- Police: Hudson Valley Couple Stole 10 Parking Meters
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Intoxicated Crash That Seriously Injured Infant
- 3 Winning Lottery Tickets Sold In the Hudson Valley
- New York Giants Legend Spotted in the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley