Man Accused of Damaging Car Parked at Marist College
A Rockland County man is accused of damaging a car parked at Marist College.
On Sunday, the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department arrested 21-year-old Luke M. Politis of Pearl River for criminal mischief, a felony.
Police were contacted by Marist College Security who said they were detaining Politis in the parking lot of 50 Fulton Street after he was allegedly caught causing damage to a parked vehicle.
Politis grabbed and twisted the driver's side exterior mirror from a 2006 Mercedez Benz E350 until it broke, causing over $250 worth of damage, according to Marist College Security.
Politis isn't a student at Marist. He was reportedly visiting the campus. It's unclear if he has a relationship with the owner of the Mercedez Benz.
Politiz was remanded to Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $1,000 bail.
- Measles Continues Spreading at Alarming Rates in Hudson Valley
- 'Sexually Violent' Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Nursery
- Police: Wanted Woman With 25 Aliases Found in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Dies at Popular Fishing Spot
- 'Impractical Jokers' Set to Perform Live in the Hudson Valley
- 5 Hudson Valley Places Among Most Dangerous in New York
- Gigantic Indoor Waterpark Ready to Open in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Dies Unexpectedly
- Hudson Valley Woman, 2 Dogs Killed in Fire
- Helicopter With 6 Aboard Crashes in Hudson Valley
- Fatal Tractor-Trailer Accident Closes I-87 For Hours