Human Hand Found Partially Buried in Hudson Valley, Help Needed
Police continue to investigate the murder of a 44-year-old Hudson Valley woman. Her hand was found partially buried in a shallow grave. A large reward is being offered.
New York State Police from the Poughkeepsie barracks continues to investigate the 12-year-old homicide of 44-year-old Sonia Centeno of Poughkeepsie.
On August 4, 2006, New York State Police were dispatched to 123 Mountain Road in the Town of LaGrange to investigate the discovery of human remains.
Two Dutchess County residents were walking the old Porter Farm located on Mountain Road when they found what appeared to be a human hand partially buried in a shallow grave and called 911.
On August 16, 2016, the victim was positively identified as Sonia Centeno.
The death of Centeno continues to be actively investigated by police. Numerous leads have been followed-up on throughout this investigation, however, the homicide has never been solved, police say.
Centeno is described as a Hispanic woman, approximately 5’3”, 117 pounds with a winged lion tattoo on her chest.
She was last seen on in the Main Street area of Poughkeepsie during the winter of 2006.
When she was discovered, Centeno was wearing black high heeled ankle booties, blue fleece Okemo Ski area zip-up vest and a dark colored tunic.
According to police, Centeno was likely dead for 3-7 months before her body was found.
Police annouced on Tuesday they are still looking for help as they continue their investigation.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact the New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation in Poughkeepsie by calling (845) 677-7300. Please refer to SJS # 1648674. All calls may be kept confidential.
New York State Crime Stoppers in cooperation with The New York State Police, Troop K Poughkeepsie is offering a cash reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for the death of Centeno. The Crime Stoppers hotline is 1-866-313-TIPS (8477).
- Human Hand Found Partially Buried in Hudson Valley, Help Needed
- Police Continue Searching For Missing Hudson Valley College Student
- Alert: 13 High-Risk Sex Offenders Move in Hudson Valley
- 2 Hudson Valley Men Had Oral Sex With Children
- Police Investigate Suicide From Bear Mountain Bridge
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Had Oral Sex With Student
- At Least 7 Killed in Mafia-Style Murders in The Hudson Valley
- Rabid Cat Bites Woman Walking Dog in Hudson Valley
- Here's How You Can Help The Family of a Fallen Hudson Valley Cop