Hudson Valley Woman Stole From Elderly, Police Say
A local woman is accused of stealing thousands from a senior citizen. More arrests are possible.
On Sunday around 5:15 p.m., Ellenville Police received a report of a burglary that occurred at a senior citizen apartment complex on Canal Street.
Police were told that sometime during the last two weeks, someone broke into a safe that contained $10,000 and stole around $6,600.
The senior citizen who owned the safe didn’t realized the money was stolen until Sunday.
Following an investigation, police identified 35-year-old Natasha Snyder of North Branch as the alleged suspect. She was found in Sullivan County and charged with grand larceny, a felony.
Synder was remanded to Ulster County Jail in lieu $10,000 cash bail.
According to Ellenville police, their investigation is ongoing, with more arrests possible.
- Man Found Dead Behind Building In Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Kicked Out of Bar, Returns With Rifle
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Shooting Officer
- Orange County Man Jailed For Injuring Police Officers and Others In High Speed Drunken Crash
- Police: Man Impaired By Drugs, Alcohol Drove 10 MPH on Local Highway
Wanted Hudson Valley sex offenders and a number of tragedies are among this week's top 5 local news stories.