Hudson Valley Man in Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run
A Hudson Valley man is fighting for his life after he was hit by a car while walking. The car fled the scene.
On Sunday around 8:30 p.m., 48-year-old Balvino Ramos Lopez was walking north along Route 202 in Southeast when he was hit by a north-bound car, near the Jaipore Royal Indian restaurant.
The car that hit Lopez fled, police say. Another driver found Lopez injured in the middle of the road and called 911.
Lopez was taken to Putnam Hospital Center and later transferred to the Westchester Medical Center. He’s listed in critical condition with severe trauma.
Investigators collected evidence at the scene, including vehicle fragments from the suspected vehicle.
Investigators are also looking at video recordings from nearby homes and businesses and looking for witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office at (845) 225-4300. All calls will be kept confidential.
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Many Hudson Valley Schools
- Young Girl Falls From Zip Line At Local Community Day
- One Injured When Plane Lands Upside Down at Hudson Valley Airport
- Woman With Brain Bleed Causes Accident in Hudson Valley, Flees
- Missing Hudson Valley Man’s Vehicle, Skeletal Remains Found
- 'Walking Dead' Stars Enjoy Eclipse, Bike Ride In Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley