Dutchess County Man Found With Drugs on Thruway, Police Say
A routine traffic stop on I-87 led to a Dutchess County man’s arrest for allegedly possessing crack cocaine and weed.
On Sunday New York State Police arrested 33-year-old Jeffrey Desir of Poughkeepsie for criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony, and two-counts of unlawful possession of marijuana.
During routine patrol near the Exit 23 toll-booths on the New York State Thruway, in Albany, Troopers detected weed coming from Desir’s car after pulling him over for an undisclosed traffic violation, police say.
After conducting a search of Desir and his vehicle, police allegedly found marijuana and crack cocaine.
Desir was arrested and arraigned in the City of Albany Court. He is being held in the Albany County Jail on $5,000 bail.
- Hudson Valley Man Killed In Alleged Drunk Driving Accident
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Raping Teen
- Police: Hudson Valley Couple Owned Multiple Illegal Guns, Ammo
- 10 arrested in Orange County Drug Bust
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Stealing Dog
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley