Cops: Hudson Valley Man Beats Woman After Hearing She’s Pregnant
A Hudson Valley man is accused of beating a woman after she told him she was pregnant.
On Tuesday around 8:45 p.m., Saugerties police responded to EmUrgent Care on Route 9W in Saugerties for a report of a pregnant woman who was assaulted.
An investigation by police established that woman was allegedly assaulted by 22-year-old Elijah J. Lyons of Town of Saugerties.
The woman told to detectives, after she told Lyons she was pregnant the two began to argue and during the argument Lyons pulled her around by her hair and then struck her in the face, causing injury, bruising and swelling to her eye.
Lyons was charged with assault and harassment. Lyons was arraigned in the Town of Saugerties Justice Court and released on his own recognizance after an Order of Protection was issued on behalf of the victim.
- Hudson Valley Couple Goes Viral For Wedding Mishap
- Police Save Man From Jumping Off I-84 Bridge in Hudson Valley
- Teen in Critical Condition After Moped Accident in Hudson Valley
- High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offender Arrested Again
- Potentially Explosive Devices Placed Near Local Supermarket, Mall
- Beloved Restaurant Owner, Community Activist Killed by Police
- Cops: Hudson Valley Teacher, Coach Had Sex With Minor For Months
- ICE Arrests 31 in New York State, 6 in Hudson Valley