Teen in Critical Condition After Moped Accident in Hudson Valley
The Hudson Valley is rallying behind a teen who is fighting for her life following a horrific moped accident.
Taylor Gabriele, 19, and another teen were in what's described as a "horrific moped accident" on Saturday in Dutchess County.
Gabriele and a 17-year-old woman were riding on Ridgemont Road when their moped collided with a brick pillar, 24/7 News Source reports.
Gabriele was airlifted to Westchester Medical Center with extensive injuries to her skull, face and body, according to a Facebook fundraiser set up for Gabriele and her family.
"She has multiple fractures of the skull, her jaw is broken on both sides, many of her teeth are gone. Her chin is broken, her pelvis is broken and some other broken bones in her back and tailbone area. She also had a blood clot in her lungs last night and needed surgery and since her brain is bleeding she can’t have blood thinners," the fundraiser states.
Her father wrote in a Facebook update Taylor is currently listed in critical condition at Westchester Medical Center.
The fundraiser was started to help Taylor and her family pay for what's described as "financially devastating" medical care. As of this writing, 53 people have helped raise over $4,200. You can donate by CLICKING HERE.
"She’s a young woman who is the kindest girl you will ever meet. Sweet and loving always," the fundraiser states.
The 17-year-old suffered multiple injuries and is recovering at Vassar Brothers in Poughkeepsie, 24/7 News Source reports. More information about the crash isn't known at this time.
- Teen in Critical Condition After Moped Accident in Hudson Valley
- Report: Emerging Contaminants in Hudson Valley's Drinking Water
- NYSP Wants To Speak With People Regarding I-84 Fatal Shooting
- High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offender Arrested Again
- Potentially Explosive Devices Placed Near Local Supermarket, Mall
- Beloved Restaurant Owner, Community Activist Killed by Police
- Cops: Hudson Valley Teacher, Coach Had Sex With Minor For Months
- ICE Arrests 31 in New York State, 6 in Hudson Valley