Child Drowns in Hudson River
Officials are investigating after an eight-year-old child drowned in the Hudson River.
On Friday around 1:30 p.m., a man took seven kids on a boat ride on the Hudson River in Rockland County. Their 17-foot Bayliner flipped over due to choppy water, throwing all eight into the river in Haverstraw.
All eight were wearing life jackets, but one child was in the water longer than others. Four boys and two girls, all under the age of 12, hung onto the floating vessel, but one child, 8-year-old Yosef Goldman, was missing.
Divers found him below the overturned boat, The Times of Israel Reports. The child was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The group is from Monsey in Rockland County. They were celebrating the Sukkot holiday together when tragedy struck. All the other children and the adult survived.
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets Employee Killed in Freak Accident
- Child Drowns in Hudson River
- Hudson Valley Teen Charged With Rape After 'Disturbing Video'
- DA: Hudson Valley Woman Kills Grandfather With Car, Injures 2
- Hudson Valley Woman Killed by 'Heartless Driver'
- Extensive Search Continues After Cadet, Rifle Go Missing