Bear Crashes Into Car During Rush Hour In Lower Hudson Valley
A car crashed into a bear during rush hour in the lower Hudson Valley, causing more traffic delays.
On Thursday morning, the Ramapo Police Department posted on its Facebook about an accident involving a bear and a car.
According to police, officers responded to the scene of the accident before 8 a.m. Thursday for reports of a car vs bear crash on Route 202 between Grandview Avenue and Kimmissy Court.
The bear wandered into the woods after making contact with the vehicle, police say.
The sole occupant of the vehicle sustained non-life-threatening injuries, according to the Ramapo Police Department.
"Officers will be checking the woods and yards in the area in an attempt to locate the injured bear," the Ramapo Police Department said.
Many people commented on Facebook concerned for the bear's safety, but police didn't provide an update or respond to questions regarding the bear's condition.
The accident caused additional traffic delays during rush hour Thursday morning, police say.
- Swastikas Found Carved Into Lower Hudson Valley Starbucks
- Famed Goodyear Blimp Spotted in Hudson Valley (PHOTOS)
- Former MLB Pitching Coach to Coach in Hudson Valley
- Bear Crashes Into Car During Rush Hour In Lower Hudson Valley
- Cash4Life Winning Ticket Sold in Hudson Valley
- Kelsey Grammer Opens Tavern in Catskills
- Man Makes Wrong Turn, Wins $1 Million at Hudson Valley Store
- Police: 15 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol To Minor