Alligator Spotted On The Loose in New York
A loose alligator was spotted roaming around in New York.
Last week, there were a number of reports of an alligator sighting along the Tioughnioga River between Whitney Point and Lisle, near Binghamton. The Department of Environmental Conservation was contacted and believed the report was true.
Because an alligator is a wild animal, the loose alligator was a threat to the public, officials say.
According to Village of Whitney Point Mayor Ryan Reynolds, not the actor, it’s believed the alligator was someone’s pet that was let go sometime in the last month.
On Saturday, after days of searching, the gator was captured behind the fairgrounds in Whitney Point. The animal was taken to its new home at Animal Adventure Park in Harpursville, the same home of former Hudson Valley resident April the Giraffe.
“We are thrilled to be able to provide this animal with a safe, appropriate environment and the home it deserves,” Animal Adventure Owner Jordan Patch said.
- FBI: Hudson Valley Man Enticed Young Girls Into Child Porn
- Hudson Valley Police Sergeant Pleads Guilty, Resigns
- Hudson Valley Nursing Home Counselor Sentenced for Sexually Abusing 6 Patients
- Teen, 26-Year-Old Killed in Early Morning Crash in Gardiner
- Hudson Valley Man Once Found With $8,000 Worth of Heroin Sentenced
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley