Teen, 26-Year-Old Killed in Early Morning Crash in Gardiner
A teen and a young adult from the Hudson Valley were killed in a one-car crash.
On Friday around 2:26 a.m., members of the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office responded to reports of a fatal car accident on Route 208 at the intersection with Plains Road in the Town of Gardiner.
Upon arrival, deputies found a 2008 Dodge Avenger that had hit a tree. An investigation suggests that the car was traveling at a high rate of speed when the driver, 26-year-old Eliezr Riquelme of Newburgh, lost control on a curve and hit a tree, police say.
Riquelme and his passenger, 18-year-old Eddineth Monroy of New Windsor, were both pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash is still under investigation. Anyone who was in area at the time of the crash should contact the Ulster County Sheriff's Office at 845-338-3640.
- FBI: Hudson Valley Man Enticed Young Girls Into Child Porn
- Alligator Spotted On The Loose in New York
- Hudson Valley Police Sergeant Pleads Guilty, Resigns
- Hudson Valley Nursing Home Counselor Sentenced for Sexually Abusing 6 Patients
- Hudson Valley Man Once Found With $8,000 Worth of Heroin Sentenced
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley