8 Injured in 3-Car Crash Involving Rescue Medic, Anderson Van
A three-car crash in the Hudson Valley involving a rescue medic vehicle and an Anderson Center for Autism van injured eight.
Members of the Ulster County Sheriff's Office report investigating a three car personal injury accident on Route 9W at the intersection with Ulster Avenue in the Town of Esopus.
On Tuesday around 8:30 a.m., deputies from the Ulster County Sheriff's Office responded for a 911 call for a crash with injuries and entrapment on Route 9W at the intersection with Ulster Avenue in the Town of Esopus.
According to police, a New Paltz Rescue Medic Vehicle, driven by Nils E. Aspengren, 35, of Ulster Park, failed to yield to a car traveling in the other direction while trying to make a left turn.
Isabella R. Mollette, 27, of Lake Katrine was unable to stop the other car and hit the side of the New Paltz Rescue Medic Vehicle causing it to spin and go airborne, ultimately landing on an Anderson Center for Autism van, operated by Stephanie M. Weiss, 28, of Marlboro, which was stopped at a stop sign waiting to enter Route 9W, police say.
The three-car accident resulted in eight people injured.
Weiss was transported by Mobile Life ambulance to Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital for evaluation. All other passengers in the Anderson van were taken to Vassar Hospital for evaluation.
Mollette was transported to Vassar for evaluation and Aspengren was taken by private vehicle to Health Alliance of the Hudson Valley, Broadway Campus for evaluation. He was later given a traffic ticket for failing to yield the right of way.
- Hudson Valley Official Accused of Decades of Abuse Towards Women
- Hudson Valley Firefighter Laid To Rest
- Man Found Dead in Machine at Hudson Valley Cheese Company
- 4 Accused of Plotting Terrorist Attack Near Hudson Valley
- New York State Passes 'Historic' Abortion Rights Law
- McDonald's Denies Accidentally Spiking Hudson Valley Man's Drink
- Bruce Willis Selling Stunning Hudson Valley Home
- Hudson Valley Man Allegedly Threatened to Kill Judge, Prosecutor