11 Hudson Valley Restaurants With 5 or More Critical Violations
These 11 Hudson Valley restaurants received the most critical violations in 2019.
To protect the health of New Yorkers, New York State health inspectors often visit restaurants across the state searching for health code violations. The results are then posted online by the New York State Department of Health.
The online database includes the name and location of food service establishments and the violations that were found at the time of their last inspection.
"Although violation details are collected on inspection reports (i.e., the actual food item, quantity and temperature of food found out of temperature control) as well as corrective actions for critical violations, this data set is limited to the violation number and the corresponding general violation description. This dataset is for reporting purposes only. Any concerns about individual establishments should be referred to the corresponding Local Health Department," the New York State Department of Health writes on its Food Service Establishment database.
A number of restaurants from the Hudson Valley received "critical violations" during their most recent inspection, according to the online database. Critical violations are more likely to cause food-borne illnesses, officials say.
Critical violations can include: Workers didn't wash hands after thoroughly after using the bathroom, undercooked food, food from unapproved source, toxic chemicals incorrectly labeled, cooked foods subject to cross-contamination from raw foods, unprotected potentially hazardous food re-served, workers didn't use utensils to eliminate bare-hand contact with food, evidence or rats present, evidence of mice present, canned food in poor containers and much more.
We searched the online database to find the restaurants from Orange, Dutchess, Putnam, Ulster and Sullivan counties with the most critical violations in 2019, according to the online database.
Below are the restaurants that received 5 or more critical violations in 2019, according to the online database.
- Colonial Diner, Middletown: 10 Critical Violations
- Itzmi Japanese Restaurant, Newburgh: 9 Critical Violations
- Goshen Chinese Kitchen, Goshe: 9 Critical Violations
- Pine Bush Diner, Pine Bush: 6 Critical Violations
- Fuji Japenese Steakhouse, Middletown: 5 Critical Violations
- Saffrone Fine Indian Cusine, Middletown: 5 Critical Violations
- Iron Chef Hibachi & Asian Fusion, Newburgh: 5 Critical Violations
- New Green Jade, Walden: 5 Critical Violations
- New Fu Xing Restaurant, Beacon: 7 Critical Violations
- Fanatics Sports Bar & Grill, Monticello: 6 Critical Violations
- Wurtsboro Diner & Cafe, Wurtsboro: 5 Critical Violations
You can look up restaurants near you by CLICKING HERE.
The restaurants are all given the opportunity to correct the violations. Most of the above restaurants have corrected all of the critical violations, according to the online database. Three haven't corrected one critical violation as of the last inspection date.
- Foot of Snow Forecast For Hudson Valley After Record Heat
- 11 Hudson Valley Restaurants With 5 or More Critical Violations
- Cuomo Promises to Legalized Marijuana in New York This Year
- 'Beloved' Lower Hudson Valley Coach Killed in Home Fire
- Father, Kids Find Dead Body in Hudson Valley State Park
- Flu Numbers Continue to Skyrocket in New York