10-Year-Old Hudson Valley Boy Hospitalized After Eating Marijuana Gummies
A local boy spent the weekend in the hospital after ingesting gummy candy infused with marijuana.
According to PIX 11, the boy found the candy in his father's car. Thinking it was regular gummies the child ate one of the pieces. The candy reportedly contains 250mg of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.
The father feared that his son would overdose after eating the laced candy, so he brought the child to the hospital where he was treated and released. Now, the 37-year-old Spring Valley father is facing child endangerment charges. Ephraim Zagelbaum was arrested and the candy was taken to a lab where it is being analyzed.
Police warn about leaving any medication out where children can find it, but candies laced with THC can be especially tempting for kids since they look just like normal treats.
After testing the candy Ramapo police say they may file additional possession charges against Zagelbaum.