‘Very Convincingly Prepared’ Scam Arrives In the Hudson Valley
Local police are warning the public after they discovered a very convincing scam that recently hit the Hudson Valley. Review these documents so you also don’t get conned.
According to Port Jervis police, a “secret shopper” scam is circulating with a “very convincingly prepared” check and paperwork.
Port Jervis Police provided paperwork of the scam which includes:
- • A cashier’s check for $2,998, with $300 for your “evaluation service”
- • Instructions when depositing the check to your bank
- • Instructions to purchase $50 worth of items at Walmart
- • Instructions to send three money orders of the leftover cash back to the scammer
For a complete look at the paperwork, view the photos below.
According to Port Jervis police, you are likely being scammed if an offers tells you to cash a check and send a portion of the money to another person.
- Dangerous, High-Risk Sex Offender Moves in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Set For Prime-time UFC Fight
- Man Wanted For Attempted Murder In N.J. Jailed For Gun Possession in Hudson Valley
- 4 Mississippi Marine Corps Plane Crash Victims Had Hudson Valley Connections
- Police: Drunk Hudson Valley Man Crashes Car, Exposes Self to Female Cop
Take a look at the Top-5 news stories from the Hudson Valley over the past week