High-Risk Sex Offender Moves in Hudson Valley
Police are warning the public after a sex offender -- who was convicted of raping four children-- moved to an area in the Hudson Valley that one resident characterized as "filled with kids." Police believe a threat to public safety exists.
Robert C. Kelly, 19, is now living on Darraugh Lane in Sparrowbush.
Kelly, a Level-3 sex offender, was convicted in 2014 for raping a 5-year-old girl, 6-year-old girl, 10-year-old girl and a 10-year-old boy. Level-3 sex offenders are considered to have the highest risk of a repeat offense and are considered the greatest risk to the public.
According to the New York State sex offender’s registry, Kelly immediately and physically overpowered the children. He was sentenced to two to six years in prison.
The Town of Deerpark Police Department notified the public of Kelly’s move on their Facebook page. In the comment section, Megan Spagenberg wrote that Kelly’s new home is next to an area that is “filled with kids.”
- Hudson Valley Man Set For Prime-time UFC Fight
- ‘Very Convincingly Prepared’ Scam Arrives In the Hudson Valley
- Man Wanted For Attempted Murder In N.J. Jailed For Gun Possession in Hudson Valley
- 4 Mississippi Marine Corps Plane Crash Victims Had Hudson Valley Connections
- Police: Drunk Hudson Valley Man Crashes Car, Exposes Self to Female Cop
Paul Teutul Sr. and Orange County Choppers honors police departments, fire departments and more