Arlington School District Warns Of Suspicious Vehicle
Officials from a local school district warned parents, guardians, faculty, and staff Friday of an incident involving a suspicious vehicle.
According to a press release, a Titusville student reported a big yellow bus approached her at her bus stop by Old Manchester Road in the Town of Poughkeepsie. The student described the bus as having wide black stripes and the number 83 on it. It also had dark tape covering what appeared to be a school district name.
The bus was empty except for the driver who was described as being bald, dark-skinned and between 5'8 and 5'11. The man waved the student on board but the student refused and walked away and the bus drove off. The incident was witnessed by the students' mother and older sister.
The Titusville principal learned of the incident soon after and immediately notified the School Resource Officer (SRO) and Dutchess County Sheriff's office who issued a bulletin to other police agencies describing the bus and driver. Anyone with information should call (845) 486-3800.
It's always a good idea to review basic safety measures with your family:
- Don’t talk to strangers.
- Don’t go anywhere with someone you don’t know.
- If a stranger approaches you, seek help immediately.
- Trust your instincts, if you feel you are being followed or something is not right, seek help immediately.
- Use the buddy system. Avoid walking anywhere alone.
- Review contact telephone numbers and home safety practices.
- If a stranger grabs you, do everything you can to stop him or her from pulling you away. Drop to the ground, kick, hit, bite, and scream. Do whatever it takes to attract the attention of others who can help you. If someone is dragging you away, scream, “this is not my dad,” or “this is not my mom.”
- Report any suspicious activity to your school and police department.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center