Poughkeepsie Club Raises $4,000 For Local Veterans Organization
A private Poughkeepsie social club, the Shamrock Association, has raised more than $4,000 for Vet2Vet, a Dutchess County-based veterans program at a recent fundraiser.
The fundraiser consisted of games, raffles, and food but the event that made the biggest splash was the dunk tank. Attended by several hundred local residents, it even caught the attention of Poughkeepsie Mayor Rob Rolison. According to Rolison who took a few throws at club member Todd Bender who volunteered in the tank, 'I was unsuccessful in hitting the target (Bender) but it was an honor to come down and support Adam Roche and the Vet2Vet program'.
Shamrock club president Marty Fralick credits members for the success of the fundraiser, 'they banded together to make this Vegas Night a success and raised much-needed funds for our heroes'.
Vet2Vet is a local organization that offers a number of services to local veterans. including assistance with housing, employment, and even grocery money.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center