Police Seek Answers After Mysterious Death of Hudson Valley Man
Police are hoping for help following the mysterious death of a Hudson Valley man who was found seriously injured in his home.
On Jan. 2, City of Poughkeepsie police responded to a home on Wantaugh Avenue for a welfare check on the homeowner whose family weren't able to contact him for several days.
Responding officers found the 68-year-old homeowner with serious injuries. He was taken Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital where he underwent brain surgery and was placed in a medically induced coma, police say.
On Tuesday, the 68-year-old man died from his injuries. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday morning. His name will be released after the autopsy.
Police are continuing to investigate how the homeowner was seriously injured. Police say there is no threat the public. Anyone with information is asked to call the City of Poughkeepsie Police Tips Line at 451- 7577.
- Rare, Potentially Dangerous Animal Spotted in Hudson Valley
- Popular Brand-New Hudson Valley Restaurant Suddenly Closes
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Who Raped Teens Moves Near High School
- Insane Photos Show Rollover Tractor-trailer on I-84
- 2 Charged With DWI After One-Car Crash in Dutchess County
- Hudson Valley Woman ‘Left to Die by Ex’ Appears on Dr. Phil
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Lefts Dogs Outside Without Food, Water
- Hudson Valley Woman Wanted Again
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley