Police: Hudson Valley Man Murders Brother
A Hudson Valley man is accused of killing his own brother.
On Tuesday, New York State Police from Monroe charged 37-year-old George Bawn of Blooming Grove with second-degree murder, a class A felony, following a dispute inside his home.
Just before 4 p.m., State Police and officers from the Town of Blooming Grove Police Department responded to a home on Pioneer Trail in the Mountain Lodge section of Blooming Grove for a 911 report of shots fired.
Upon arrival, officers found 35-year-old James Bawn dead inside the home from a gunshot wound, police say.
James Bawn was later identified as George Bawn's brother, according to New York State Police.
George Bawn was found near his home and taken into custody. He was arraigned in the Town of Blooming Grove Court and remanded to Orange County Jail pending a future court appearance.
- Earthquake Rocks The Hudson Valley
- Up to a Foot of Snow Predicted for Parts of the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Cop Admits to being Racially Hostile At Cab Driver
- Car Flips Over Into Woods on Taconic in Dutchess County
- 3 High-Risk Sex Offenders Move in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Sexually Abused 3 Children
- Alleged Hudson Valley Gang Members Accused of Multiple Murders
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley